Monday, February 2, 2009

FOR TODAY - Monday, February 2, 2009

Outside my window...All is quiet except for an occasional passing car. Most house lights are out, as it is near 11PM.

I am thinking...about how good it's going to feel to drop into bed tonight, after a very busy past few days.

I am thankful for...us being able to get Elliot's dinosaur room finished this weekend. It's something he has looked forward to for months now.

From the learning rooms...I am learning to color line art. It takes time & effort, but it's fun.

From the kitchen...everything is clean, ready for us to meet there tomorrow morning.

I am wearing...pajamas.

I am creating...memories every single day for Elliot, Emily, & us. I pray that they will always remember. I know we will.

I am going...to take Elliot & Emily out to Denny's tomorrow for breakfast. We are going to enjoy the 'free Grand Slam for every American' that they are offering tomorrow. Hopefully, my DIL Lisa, son Shad, & Avery can meet us there.

I am reading...my Bible, Adventurous Prayer, & I have have just begun re-reading the Left Behind series.

I am hoping...that Elliot has many, many happy hours in his new bedroom. It is an 'every little boy's dream' bedroom.

I am hearing...only the clicking of my keys, as everyone else is in bed.

Around the house...things are back together, after the mess of doing Elliot's room this weekend.

One of my favorite things...my cup of morning coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week...go shopping for some things for our home, order a few more things for Elliot's room, catch up on my blog reads, catch up with some friends.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...Elliot walking into his dinosaur themed bedroom for the first time. He could only see a couple of things - the bigger things were to his right, & he gasped when he saw them. I will never forget his reaction. He 'squealed' with joy.

To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Tuesday Judy;

    AS always, your post is so uplifting. I love the look in Elliot's face as he sees his new dinosaur room!! He has a smile worth more than gold! I too am enjoying a cup of coffee right now. Have a lovely day. ~Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pages!
    we like your blogging style and we want to sponsor your blog.
    If you want us to link your blog in our site,
    subscribe to our site and

    1.send us your site/blog address;
    2.send us a representative image of your blog (if you have got one);
    3.send us a brief description of your site.

    we would be honored to sponsor you and subscribe your blog!.

    Alternatively (or in addition) we purpose you a link exchange to let our users visit your blog:
    put us in your blogroll and we will put you in our blogroll.
    all for free!

    "we give voice to you"

    ilinkyoursite staff

    "I link your site"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great smile captured on camera for you :-) we need to see the rest of Elliot's room ;-)
    I've just finished painting our bedroom too, it sure is hard work, I am stiff and sore this morning. Need to get out of these jammies and get some laundry done. Have a lovely week.
    Denise
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, I can hardly wait to see the rest of the room. I loved dinos when I was little and so did my boys. Daniel loved Godzilla and still has one. Have a nice week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. If there were a Grandma of the Year award, my friend... you would win it HANDS DOWN!!

    What a tremendous gift you & Mike have been to those two precious young ones!! (and little Avery now too!) God has blessed them (and you) beyond measure!!

    Thanks for sharing your post today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only boys would want to sleep with dinosaurs! LOL. He looks very pleased! I heard about the free Grand Slam Breakfast too late after it was all over. Hope you're having some lovely days out there! Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy lovely to meet you. Looking forward to reading some of your blogs. What a beautiful picture of your son, he must have loved his room his smile is soooo big.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Love n blessings x

    ReplyDelete