Monday, October 4, 2010


For Today - October 4, 2010

Outside my window...blue skies & sunny.  Not sure where that predicted thunderstorm is.  We've been told everyday since Friday that we were getting one in our area     . 

I am thinking...about the relaxing evening I have planned...can't wait! 

I am thankful for...answered prayer.  My son got a job! Not the one he was hoping would contact him, but at least he is working. 

I am remembering...Avery's face as my son drove away with her today to take her back to Lisa.  She was calling out "I don't want to leave you!"  I hurt for her. 

On my mind...my MIL.  She was diagosed with inoperable lung cancer last Friday. 

I am pondering these words..."God gives us dreams one size too big, so that we can grow into them." 

From the learning rooms...back to learning more about my camera, & loving it. 

From the kitchen...always in use -I think Elliot & Emily are going through a growth spurt! 

I am wearing...floral capris & white tshirt.

I am creating...my MIL asked me for lots of pictures, so I am creating a photo montage for her. 

I am going...to get ready & go off to the grocery store in a bit. 

I am reading...my Bible & True Compass. 

I am hoping...after further tests, my MIL gets better news than what they are thinking. 

I am hearing...Dora in the background. 

Around the house...signs of fall are inside, even though it may not look it outside.  I love my fall decorations. 

One of my favorite things...relaxing in the evening with one of my favorite shows. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...rest up from having Avery this past week, homeschool, work on my MIL's pictures, clean out our large closet, & as always - enjoy my family. 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...we had to go on the other side of town on Saturday, & of course it was raining there - in fact, storming.  We couldn't get out of the car until it had died down.  When we did get out, Emily was thrilled that she & Avery could finally use the umbrella that she's carried around in our car for over a year. When we got back up to our side of town - sunny & blue skies.

To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love that picture of the girls! I am praying for your MIL and so happy for Shad! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Judy that picture is precious..you get the best shots!! Great job!! Sounds like you are going to be busy as usual this week..praying for your MIL...love ya!! blessings!! Oh and Congrats to Shad for the job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your MIL.

    Love the picture! So cute! You must have a camera embedded in your finger the way you get such good shots! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, for some reason my computer is not showing your blog here very good. The writing is all the way across and it is hard to read, I just highlighted it and read it that way cause I love reading everyone's answers! Love the picture, as usual, Avery looks bigger than Emily, how much younger is she? \o/ about your son's job! Keeping your MIL in my prayers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy,
    Congrats to your son for getting a job. So sorry to hear about your MIL. That is awful. Very cute picture of the girls.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy;

    So sorry to hear about your MIL. I have her and your family in prayer. I'm so happy that your son was able to get a job. I think that's wonderful! I love the photo of the two girls with an umbrella. That is a precious photo. Have a blessed beginning of the week my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy,
    Love the photo Of Emily and Avery and Trixie Lilly!! So beautiful and very precious!
    I am so thrilled for Shad getting his job-the Lord is so good!!
    Praying for your MIL and I pray too that this will not be as bad as the doctors are thinking.
    Enjoy your week. Love you.
    Blessings and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy! Your MIL will be in my thoughts and my prayers. I love the photos of the girls, it looks like a photo that would come right out of a book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy, I'm viewing this now in IE and it's working fine, I also saw the lovely falling leaves on your daily blog. Hopefully FF will fix things soon so I can use that to visit but for now I'll just use IE when I come on over. Love the pic of the girls in the rain, how sweet. I gotta get packing for our weekend away. Have a lovely day. hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy!
    I love that pic of Emily and Avery, so sweet. :-)
    I posted on my SWD today!! Don't faint! lol
    love you
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete