Monday, May 31, 2010


For Today - May 31, 2010

Outside my window...beautiful day!  Summer has definitely arrived here in Vegas, as it was already hot at 8am this morning.

I am thinking...about my my friends that had losses this week.  My heart hurts for them.

I am thankful for...sweet memories.

I am remembering...my brother Charles.  One year ago today, I got the phone call that told me he had died.  It was so unexpected & so shocking.  I still can't believe he's gone, & wish every single day that I could talk to him & laugh with him again. I have been teary all morning.  Missing him 'so' much!

On my mind...my memories of Charles.  What a special, special man he was! 

I am pondering these words..."For a Christian, death is not a 'good-bye'.  It's  'Goodnight - I'll see you in the morning."  These words were spoken by the Pastor that spoke at Charles' funeral. I am grateful for the hope that I will see him again "in the morning".

From the learning rooms...still learning new things about my new camera. 

From the kitchen...grilling out later.

I am wearing...blue jean capris & white top.

I am creating...a blogger background.  It's personal to me, because it's from one of Emily's favorite outfits that I scanned to make it with. Now if I could only get it right!

I am going...to enjoy this day with my family.

I am reading...my Bible & Strong Women, Soft Hearts by Paula Rinehart.

I am hoping...my brothers & sisters are doing okay today - this one year 'anniversary' is going to be hard for them.

I am hearing...Emily playing with Tinkerbell.  She's telling her a made up story about 'Mr. Fishy'.  It's sooo cute!

Around the house...so much to be thankful for!  A house bursting with love, laughter, & fun.

One of my favorite things...reading right before I turn off the lights for sleep.

A few plans for the rest of the week...go through things (again!) to gather up things for Goodwill, catch up on a stack of magazines that seems to never get smaller, write out some cards & letters, enjoy my family.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...A few weeks ago I ordered this necklace in memory of my brother.  I decided that I wouldn't begin to wear it until today on this one year marker.  He is gone physically, but he will forever be in my heart.  I am 'so' grateful that I had him for my brother & for all the memories that he left me with.  I miss you everyday Charles....


To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Judy...sending you ((((hugs)))) I didn't realize till I read this that it's been a year today that Charles died. I really like that necklace..it is beautiful. Just think when we are reunited with our loved ones someday we will never be separated again and we will be with Jesus! That is a joyous thought!!

    I just posted my SWD. :-)

    Love you Judy!!!
    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy.... Sending you BIG hugs and lots of love.I know that you miss Charles so much and this is so painful for you. We have the wonderful amazing promise as Christians that we will see our loved ones again someday and that we will never ever be parted again!!
    My heart aches for you at this very sad time and I am praying for you and your family.
    I love the necklace-so beautiful and special.
    Love you much my sweet friend.
    Blessings and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother, but as you already know we sorrow not like those without hope!! We will see him again and he is more alive today than we are!

    That is a beautiful necklace!

    What a talented lady you are to make your own background when I am thrilled just to learn how to change one with the code already in tact! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, I am keeping you in prayer. I know how painful it is, remembering the loss of your brother. We know we will see our loved ones again, and that is so consoling at times.

    I can't wait to see the new background you make from dear Emily's dress! You are so talented!

    We are dealing with high humidity and heat, and it's rough, way too early to have this weather here.

    Lots of hugs my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy,
    Big hugs going out your way. I didn't realize it had been a year already either. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're in my thoughts and prayers today sweetie. Sending big hugs. Your necklace is beautiful.
    Love you
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear Judy;

    What a beautiful rememberence entry for your brother. I too lost my brother 2 years ago and spent yesterday thinking of him and my mom who passed just before Christmas 5 years ago. your bracelet for your brother is wonderful. My thoughts and prayers are with you too dear friend. Love & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Judy, I can imagine how hard it is, it's the toughest anniversary. Time will help. You're very much in my thoughts & prayers. Your necklace is so special & very pretty. I'm sure it'll help. Warm hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Judy, you wrote a beautiful and touching entry for your brother. I can imagine what a sad time this is and I am praying for you and your family. And yes, you will see him again "in the morning". :)
    Lots of hugs!!

    ReplyDelete