Monday, April 19, 2010


For Today - April 19, 2010

Outside my window...Sunny & warm. Warm which will turn into hot later.

I am thinking...about a sweet friend that is going through so much with her son.  She has been in my thoughts & prayers non-stop.

I am thankful for...health & feeling good.  After having an upset stomach all day Saturday & half the day yesterday, it feels so good to feel good!  We take so much for granted!

I am remembering...the sweet memories of Emily as a baby.  She wanted me to take her through all of her baby pictures this weekend & tell her story after story of "when you were a baby".  I cannot believe that baby is now 4!

On my mind...being Monday, all that I want & need to do today.

I am pondering these words..."O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever." Psalm 136:1

From the learning rooms...learning some new digital scrapbooking techniques. Now if I only had the time to do it!

From the kitchen...nothing yet, but a breakfast of oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins & blueberries will be on the menu this morning.

I am wearing...still in pj's.

I am creating...the photo book of Emily & her constant companion Lilly.  I have so many photos to still go through.

I am going...to the health store later, as well as a few more stops.

I am reading...my Bible, What Difference Do it Make, & a stack of magazines that never seems to get smaller.

I am hoping...the temps cool down just a little bit for another week or two.  We already had to turn on our air conditioning, &  we aren't looking forward to those outrageous electric bills that come with living in Vegas.

I am hearing...the whir of the ceiling fan &  the keys on my keyboard as I hit them.

Around the house...quiet. Everyone is still sleepy.

One of my favorite things...Curling up with Elliot & Emily & watching a favorite children's show of theirs.

A few plans for the rest of the week...a hair trim for Emily & I, grocery shopping, play time at the park, nightly walks, enjoy life!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...since Emily had me going over all of her baby photos -



To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,
    Happy Monday!
    I love Emily's baby photo-how cute and she has grown up to be a beautiful princess!!!
    Would love to go to the Health store with you-today I bought some manuka honey!
    Have a wonderful day! Love you my treasured friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, that is a cute picture of Emily. I would love to hear her birth story someday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, what a cute photo of Emily, she's such a darling girl! We have the AC working here too, thankfully our nights are pretty cool so it only works a couple of times during the day. I enjoy visiting you here too. Your breakfast sounded yummy :o) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet photo, hard to believe that precious little thing is 4 already :) It has turned cool again here, only 60 today, but we've had our a/c on already this year, as soon as the house gets to 80 I have to put it on! Hope you're having a great day.
    xxx
    hugs Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy monday evening Judy;

    I love the adorable baby photo of Emily. I'm so glad you are feeling much better today. the weather in my area has been just the opposite of yours. I've had to turn the heat on nights. Thank goodness starting tomorrow it will be back in the low 60's again. :)

    Have a blessed evening dear friend. love & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy!

    Oh, I love the very sweet baby photo of Emily.
    I am glad you are feeling better hun!

    Love to you
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy,
    Great post. So you guys are already heating up huh? Will it be hot in 2 weeksn whe we are there? It does cool down in the evening this time of the year? Cute baby picture of Emily. Have a wonderful evening!
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Judy, can I have your weather and I'll send you mine? ;) It was all frosty tonight, and we have a max of 42F right now. Bleah! I need spring!! What a cute picture of Emily. :D Have a lovely week, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girlie, just getting by....post had to check out your post. Love the picture of Emily. She was a such a cutie at that age. They grow up so fast.

    I wish I could send you some of our cooler temps. You can have them all. :) I definitely don't like the cold weather. Dreaming of warmer temps in a southern climate.

    Hope your having a blessed week.
    Love ya,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Judy, I am so sorry! I realized reading your entry that I had missed some of the entries, so I did copy and paste. I am ashamed, I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Judy...thanks so much for the visit to my blog and your sweet comments. I love the way you have yours posts laid out...it feels peaceful and warm. I'm sure I'll be back to get to know you better.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete